Under the above Act, which became effective in February 2003, the Parish Council is required to make certain information available to the public. The categories covered are shown below:
1. Internal practice and procedures – the last two years’ minutes of all council meetings – the last two annual reports to the parish – council standing orders
2. Code of conduct – members’ declarations of acceptance of office – members’ register of interests
3. Employment practice and procedures – terms and conditions of employment – job descriptions
4. Planning Documents – responses to planning applications
5. Audit and accounts – latest annual return, auditors’ report, precept request – one year’s bank statements, receipt + payment books and VAT records – financial standing orders – asset register – risk assessments.
Bishopstone Parish Council has documented how each of these items may be viewed in the following document.